Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then celebsden.com is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- Toyota Boshoku America (TBA)
Position Name :- 2nd shift Manufacturing Group Leader
Company Location :- Mantachie, MS
Job Category : Interior Designing jobs
Full Job Description :-
This position is in the 2nd shift.
A. General Summary:
Directs Team Leaders and other Team Members in assigned manufacturing area (e.g., assembly, filter, injection molding, powertrain, stamping, urethane, welding, kaizen, etc.) in the execution of the group’s responsibilities. Manages group (manufacturing line, cells, or area) as an operational unit and responsible to accomplish company goals and targets in accordance with all company policies, manufacturing standards and methods, and quality standards for safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
B. Essential Job Functions:
a. Function as a first-line supervisor over team leaders and team members.
1. Plan and coordinate hiring and placement of team members with his/her Assistant Manager. Monitor and track staffing conditions, work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism.
2. Understand, execute, and ensure consistent compliance with all company rules, policies, and practices, and takes appropriate corrective action when warranted, in accordance with the terms of the Team Member Handbook.
3. Responsible for managing and appraising team member job performance and recommending corrective action.
4. Develop and maintains positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
5. Provide direction and motivation to team members emphasizing safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, and morale.
b. Responsible for leading and maintaining the manufacturing and production system of assigned area, accomplishing department hoshin goals, and keeping on task with targets and implementation schedule.
1. Utilize Toyota Production System (TPS) techniques to standardize current/new processes and methods, reduce process variation, identify waste, and methodically eliminate waste.
2. Develop standardized work procedures by designing and/or documenting the best work sequence for each process.
3. Direct the work of Team Leaders and Team Members by assigning/re-assigning work stationing and analyze production requirements based on current work situation and production schedules.
4. Direct floor activities through consistent application of Toyota Boshoku Business Practices (TBBP) to ensure all aspects of manufacturing are effective and correct sub-standard situations.
5. Perform the essential job functions of team leaders or team members as necessary to maintain efficient, stable, and continuous operations.
c. Utilize knowledge and skills to maintain the highest level of quality and efficiency possible.
1. Monitor the flow of parts, materials, productivity, and quality including kanbans and inventory levels; take corrective action as needed.
2. Ensure quality goals and standards are met and know how to use the quality feedback loops and systems and escalation procedures. Confirm that team members use the quality systems correctly.
3. Partner with the Quality department to initiate investigation and containment activities.
4. Troubleshoot daily quality, safety, and production issues.
5. Identify potential and current change points and make the required adjustments need to ensure quality, safety, operational availability, production efficiency (PEFF), and cost control are maintained.
6. Be proactive in predicting abnormalities and finding innovative solutions to correct.
7. Evaluate and analyze problems involving machinery and equipment and coordinates repair of tools and machinery. Participate in frequent evaluation of machines, tools, equipment, etc.
d. Lead continuous improvement activity for assigned area.
1. Participate in the setting of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets including safety, quality, operational availability, PEFF, scrap, etc. as a method of continuous improvement.
2. Maintain, monitor, and update department and KPI board and graphs, daily, and initiate continuous improvement activities.
3. Initiate, coordinate, and participate in safety, quality, productivity, and cost improvement projects.
4. Lead the implementation of team members’ ideas and suggestions and management directed initiatives.
e. Maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
1. Ensure compliance with safety regulations, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, and company safety policies and procedures.
2. Lead, perform, and/or participate in ergonomic exercises, 5S housekeeping, accident investigation, and safety audits and related activities.
3. Lead ergonomic assessments of team member work stations and implement countermeasures and job rotation to improve long-term safe working conditions and team member well-being.
4. Maintain knowledge of procedures concerning Hazardous Waste, Spill Response, and Plant Security.
5. Monitor safety and health of team members to ensure their well-being.
f. Train and coach team members to maintain productivity and quality standards, in TS19649, ISO 14001, environmental, safety, quality, job performance, setups, trouble shooting, and continuous improvement.
1. Orientate and oversee all training of team members and assign experienced and/or certified trainers to perform new team member training and cross training as needed.
2. Maintain training matrix for team leaders and/or team members, assuring training is effective and corrects sub-standard performance.
3. Maintain, plan, and prepare department instruction manuals.
4. Ensure further development of team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, and cascade training.
g. Collect, record, and analyze information while maintaining documentation regarding the activities in the assigned area as defined by company policy, procedure, or practice.
1. Prepare business reports and spread sheets of required data.
2. Maintain specified records, files and logs of department/shift activities such as production, production problems, parts shortages, scrap, quality, maintenance, etc. (manual and computer) as required. Perform other various administrative duties.
3. Monitor and maintain team member time, attendance, and training records.
h. Communicate frequently with internal contacts on various issues.
1. Through daily start of shift and communication meetings, keep team members informed on issues relevant to them and encourage two-way communication.
2. Maintain daily and/or frequent communication with upstream and downstream groups/areas and support departments to ensure efficient and stable operations in a team-based environment.
3. Coordinate communications between shifts for assigned area(s).
C. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
Associate’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years of relevant manufacturing experience required.Minimum two (2) years of previous leadership or supervisory experience required.Automotive industry experience preferred with parts production, quality, or production control experience a plus.Experience in automotive interiors including carpets, filters, powertrain, seating, and/or trim preferred.Working knowledge and experience with TPS and Production Efficiency (PEFF) system preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, work flow, scheduling, kanban, machine operation, and company policies as standards.Good mechanical aptitude.Basic math and analytical skills.Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.Ability work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.Ability to read instruction manuals, blue prints, and specifications.Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.Ability to teach team leaders and team members in basic fundamental skills and facilitate Job Instruction Training (JIT).
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP System experience (e.g., Oracle) preferred.Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Must be willing to successfully complete and use training for items below as required by area of assignment:
Forklift, tugger, and truck usage, and pass certification.Overhead crane operation.Cross training for leading other plant support departments.RCRA and DOT hazardous waste requirements, and pass certification.Computer-based software, applications, and systems (e.g., Oracle, Kronos, Future 3, etc.).
D. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments.
Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level.PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, Kevlar sleeves, hearing protection, etc. may be required in designated engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.Involves moderate or occasional presence of some slightly disagreeable conditions, i.e., cold, dust, heat, odor, etc.
E. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, and see (with visual acuity). Performance requires mental alertness and sustained attention to needs of the department in terms of workflow, efficiency of operation, machine adjustment, and team member output. Performance requires physical ability to inspect, adjust, and operate equipment. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time throughout plant. Occasionally climbing, stooping, or bending on, under, or near tooling and equipment. May be occasionally required to reach, grasp, and manipulate parts, materials, or equipment. May be occasionally required to lift up to 30-50 pounds (with or without assistance).
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
Toyota Boshoku America is an equal opportunity employer and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a posted position, please email us at TBA.Careers@Toyota-Boshoku.com.
Disclaimer : celebsden.com is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.