Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then celebsden.com is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- Global Outreach Charter Academy
Position Name :- Guidance Counselor
Company Location :- Jacksonville, FL 32211
Job Category : Education jobs
Full Job Description :-
We are seeking a qualified Guidance Counselor to support and educate elementary and middle school students through a well-prepared counseling program. You will serve as the facilitator for the attaining of students’ academic or career goals, and assist them in developing their social and mental capacity. The goal is to enable the students to become mature and well-functioning adults.
Master’s degree from an accredited college/university.
Two years accredited related experience.
Current Florida State Teaching Certificate on file in the District Office.
Current Florida School Counselor License.
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Essential Functions :
1. Help students attain an optimum level of personal and social adjustment.
2. Consult with parents, teachers, administrators, and supporting agencies concerning the needs and abilities of students.
3. Ensure that all activities conform to school guidelines.
4. Communicate effectively with all members of the school and community.
5. Work effectively with community organizations.
6. Support the value of education.
7. Credit checks for all secondary students if applicable
8. Course tracking as needed for promotion
9. Conferencing and compliance for acceleration courses
10. Assisting with course selections and scheduling for students
11. Mental health counseling as needed by students
12. Crisis response and intervention for students
13. Collaboration with Deans and Administration on RtI panel
14. Collaboration on school wide PBIS plan
15. Accepts other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
General Responsibilities (may include but not limited to the following) :
Develops and communicates a school counseling mission statement that is specific, concise, clear and comprehensive, describing a school counseling program’s purpose and vision of the program’s benefits for every student in alignment with the school, district and state missions.
Uses student data to demonstrate a need for systemic change in areas such as course enrollment patterns; equity and access; and achievement, opportunity and/or information gaps.
Advocates for student equity and access to a world-class education that leads to high school graduation and fosters post-graduate success.
Analyzes and reports outcomes of the school counseling program and goals, which are presented in the context of the overall school and district performance.
Utilizes technology effectively and efficiently to plan, organize, implement and evaluate the comprehensive school counseling program.
Uses legal and ethical decision-making based on standards and principles of the school counseling profession and educational systems, including district and building policies.
Collaborates with school staff in the analysis of student performance data, rigorous goal-setting, and development of effective action plans for improving academic, social/emotional, and post-graduate outcomes for all students.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Guidance Counselor: 1 year (Required)
Classroom: 1 year (Preferred)
School Guidance Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : celebsden.com is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.