Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then celebsden.com is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- Toxicology lab
Position Name :- Laboratory Technician
Company Location :- Los Angeles, CA 90066
Job Category : data entry Jobs
Full Job Description :-
The Lab Technician is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing in the Toxicology/COVID Department. This position requires a data entry background. Functions performed may include but are not limited to specimen receiving, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, centrifugation and aliquoting. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and is able to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client. The lab technician must have the ability to learn and understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the lab technician is required, exposed to many different demands made by the customer is expected. Majority of the work will be during the day shift, but based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime is a requirement. Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times.
1. Responsible for receiving bio-specimens (e.g. urine, nasal) into the laboratory; data entry and processing specimens including: labeling, centrifugation, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test.
2. Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the lab tech, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together.
3. Identifies problems with specimen types, insufficient quantity, leakage, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ (test in question), and in some cases resolves them.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
5. Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
6. Report laboratory results to clients and patients using established protocols
7. Document reporting or call history in the required format and maintain complete and accurate record.
8. Report client concerns using established protocols
9. Contact the clients to resolve routine matters related to patient testing and result reporting
10. Escalate issues as appropriate using established protocol.
11. Provide input on quality improvement opportunities to supervisor
12. Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services
13. Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
14. Meets standards for production and accuracy within 60 days.
15. Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
16. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
3. Maintains composure while working under high pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
5. Adheres to company’s core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean.
8. Able to sit or stand for long periods.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
10. Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change. Special Requirement:
11. Medical/Laboratory background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
12. Position requires strong data entry experience with abilities to exceed 6000 keystrokes/hour.
Science-related college majors
One (1) year experience in an acute care medical center or non-acute care setting such as independent laboratories, preferably Toxicology/COVID Laboratory
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
clinical laboratory: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : celebsden.com is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.