Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then celebsden.com is best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- Texas Woman’s University
Position Name :- Unified Communications Engineer
Company Location :- Denton, TX 76201
Job Category : Interior Designing jobs
Full Job Description :-
Unified Communications Engineer ( Résumé and Cover Letter Required)
Provides high-level of technical support to the entire University for telecommunications systems and subsystems, via phone, computer access, and in person. The Unified Communications Engineer studies, designs, engineers, constructs, installs, and coordinates changes and upgrades of telecommunications equipment, cabling infrastructure and facilities. The Unified Communications Engineer will configure, administrate, design, install, and update UC, VoIP, Audiocodes Analog Gateways, Voicemail, network and telecommunications cabling, and Call Accounting voice telephony systems. The Unified Communications Engineer actively works to analyze voice telephony, networking equipment, and WIFI/WAN network to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating, and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communications. Work is performed under general supervision and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained.
Reports to: Manager, Platform & Unified Communications
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES –
May include, but not limited to the following:
· Provides high-level of technical support to the entire University for telecommunications systems and subsystems.
· Assists the Manager of Unified Communications in providing quotes, makes standard recommendations, and provides system documentation.
· Studies, designs, engineers, constructs, installs, and coordinates changes and upgrades of telecommunications equipment, cabling infrastructure, and facilities.
· Analyzes, installs and maintains voice telephony (UC, VoIP, Audiocodes Analog Gateways, Voicemail, cabling infrastructure and Call Accounting voice telephony), networking equipment, and WIFI/WAN network to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating, and/or avoiding current and future problems and improve communications.
· Directs users to appropriate IT Solutions teams for support, development and training, and communicates to their supervisor, end user issues and concerns.
· Experience withIP/SIP trunking, & Quality of service (QOS).
Performs other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– The following are essential:
Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in telecommunications and electronics engineering.
Familiarity and knowledge of inside plant and outside plant telecommunication infrastructure of design and installation in adherences to standards and practices established by the National Electrical Code (NEC).
Familiarity and knowledge of design principles, applications, and physics of telephony, LAN/WAN/WIFI network, and cabling infrastructure and quality assurance concepts and procedures.
Skilled in Statement of Work (SOW) bid documents for telecommunication quotes and proposals, makes standards recommendations, and provides system documentation.
Skilled at maintaining inventory for telecommunications material, equipment, and systems.
Skilled in troubleshooting voice and data systemic issues, documenting issues, and resolving problems to completion.
Skilled in maintaining and correctly updating telephony databases of essential documentation of any and all changes performed.
Skilled in proactively troubleshooting and implementing solutions to ensure that all information systems, products, and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
Ability to configure, modify, backup, and restore telecommunications services, systems, and sub-systems.
Ability to complete complex technical projects, given detailed specifications.
Ability to work effectively under the supervision of others.
Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Ability to communicate effectively orally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
Ability to represent the department and University in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment, including related university software and email.
Additional/Desirable Skills & Abilities
· Experience as an administrator/installer of UC, VoIP, Audiocodes Analog Gateways, Voicemail, and Call Accounting voice telephony voice telephony systems.
· Advanced experience of the Commercial Building Cabling Standard ANSI/TIA/EIA 568A on installation, designing, engineering, studying, constructing, and coordination of upgrades and/or changes of telecommunications equipment and cabling infrastructure (CAT3, Cat5e, CAT6, Fiber Optic, and OSP), and facilities.
· Experience in planning and coordinating small to large projects and directing others to project completion. This includes interfacing with appropriate vendors, leading project meetings, task management, estimating, project timelines, resource allocation prioritizing work, and managing projects.
The physical demands described in the Essential Duties and below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee may be required to travel and work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays. The employee may need the ability to lift and move 25+ pounds.
All employees are responsible for maintaining an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, harassment, including sexual harassment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
TWU promotes a safe working environment. Employees are responsible for completing assigned tasks safely and efficiently, and supervisors are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment. Employees must report any unsafe work conditions or practices, as well as any near-miss incidents, to their supervisor and Risk Management. Supervisors and employees should ensure that injury/accident reports are submitted to the Office of Human Resources and Risk Management within 24 hours of the incident.
Bachelor¿s degree required. Technology and network systems certification preferred. Additional job related experience/and/or education may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Three years of job related work in networking or telecommunications, education environment highly preferred.
Regular and reliable attendance at the University during regular scheduled days and work hours is an essential function of this position.
Disclaimer : celebsden.com is only helping our audience to check various job listing in various companies. We have not providing any job nor taking any registration fees. We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.